With the holidays rapidly approaching, much thought is focused on finding an ideal gift for family and friends.
Here are some suggestions for cruisers and travelers on your list.
- Blanket, pillow and eye shades for the flight. Few airlines provide any of these amenities anymore, so if you want them, bring your own.
- Onboard perks. Go to any cruise website and find the list of amenities available. Spa certificates, dining credits, a bottle of wine – or if your cruise friends love Holland America’s beds, how about a new bed or linens?
- For keeping track of friends and family onboard – walkie-talkies.
- Limo service to and from the port.
- A photobook
- Many cruisers need to fly to the port so consider using your frequent flyer miles to obtain their tickets.
- Netbook computer. A convenient item for keeping track of the vacation, storing photos and getting online in port.
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Headset for making phone calls from Skype or when using the Magic Jack.
- Voip-based phone service or minutes. Note that some ships block Skype, but it may be used in ports at internet cafes or wherever you find public access.
- Digital camera
- If it’s in the budget, how about a cruise? There are even 1 night cruises available from certain ports.
Disclaimer: I have received none of the above mentioned products.