10 bits of cruise news from Cruise Shipping Miami 2015
1. Holland America will introduce “Sip, Savor and Sail” Cruises
2. China and Cuba are all the buzz for cruise lines.
3. Bigger isn’t always better. Large ships can’t reach certain ports.
4. Cruising is a great way to see Europe.
5. MSC has had 800% growth since 2003, and will double capacity by 2022. New ship to port in Miami.
6. Wendy Perrin was named godmother of Windstar’s Star Breeze.
7. B.B. King’s Blues Club will be on the new HAL Konigsdam.
8. Norwegian is laying off approximately 200 from corporate offices.
9. Cruise lines have had many changes in leadership in the past year.
10. The cruising industry continues to grow.